- Bath Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association Meeting Notes, February 12, 2019:
- Attendees: Stacey Crinion, Amy Eisenbach, Lisa Ledwidge, Aarin Taylor, Brandon Ward, Karen D’Silva, Jason Rhorer, Emily Eisenbach, and Grace Delano.
- Executive Roles changed hands, Stacey remains VP and Treasurer, Amy Resigned and Aarin Taylor has taken the role of president.
- Day care was discussed for PTSA meetings with possibly High school volunteers or girl scouts. Aarin will head this up.
- Upcoming Events, Gelato Fiasco set for March 4th-Paper work to be filled out by Melissa, Amy will email her to discuss when this will be completed, or Amy will complete the paperwork. Box Tops will be collected, deadline is March 15th – if the students can bring in 2000 box tops Mr. Ward has agreed to take a pie to the face. April 24th is Administrative Professional’s Day for Deb and Rachel, Amy has offered to donate Scentsy Baskets for both and will bring cards for next monthly meeting to be signed by PTSA. Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6th-May 10th – there will be an opportunity for 5 different days of foods to donate to the teachers for this week. Monday will be Yogurt Bar, Tuesday is Bagels and cream cheese, Wednesday is coffee, tea and cookies day, Thursday is Desserts day, Friday will end the week with Fruit and veggies. Spring Dance set for May 17th: DJ Corey Creamer has been booked, Amy will check with Deb MacPhee on Police officer and set up sign up genius for volunteers, Amy will call dominos to confirm Pizza discount for Dance.
- Treasurer’s report: roughly $2900 in the account, board voted to reserve $1000.00 for the following school year 2019-2020 for Fall activities in the 7th and 8th grade classrooms. As well as keeping a running balance of $500.
- Meeting Dates have changed. Next meeting will be held March 19, 2019 at Mid Coast Pizza and More. Following that will be a meeting April 16th, 2019 and May 21, 2019 will be the final meeting.
- Agenda for upcoming meetings:
- April: Finalize dance details and teacher appreciation week.
- May: Final meeting, Confirm Officers, submit next years fundraiser requests, set next years meeting dates.
Principal Ward will take a pie in the face if we reach 2,000!
If BMS can collect 2,000 Box Tops between February 13 and March 15, 2019, Principal Ward has agreed to take a pie to the face at the next all-student assembly!! Collection location at BMS office.
Food/drink donations also needed. Sign up here.
Bath Middle School PTSA is hosting an 80’s Spring Dance – Bringing Back the 80’s!
Date: 5/17/2019 (Fri.)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: Gym at BMS
Parents and family members are asked to help by signing up to chaperone or donate food or drinks:
No Nut Baked Goods
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b45a5aa23a4fb6-80s
Let’s show our teachers how much they’re appreciated. Sign up here.
We are asking families to donate food/drink to the wonderful teachers at Bath Middle School to show them they are appreciated for all their hard work. Please sign up here. Deliver your contribution to the BMS office between 7am and 10am. Each day of Teacher Appreciation Week will have its own theme:
Monday – Yogurt Bar
Tuesday – Bagels and cream cheese
Wednesday – coffee, tea and cookies
Thursday – Desserts
Friday – Fruit and veggies
Want to be a part of something? Are you looking for something to keep you busy? Just want to socialize more?
We sure could use your help!!! Meet us at Mid Coast Pizza and More the second or third Tuesday of each month (meeting dates here and find updates on Facebook) at 6pm to learn how you can help the BMS PTSA raise money to support the students and faculty…
Can’t make the meetings? That’s OKAY!! We can still use your help in other ways, donations of food, items, your time.
Please check out the calendar of events, and if there is some way you can help, GREAT!!!
Sign up on one of our online signups or contact us at BMS.PTSA@hotmail.com if you can help!
Thank you for supporting BMS students, teachers, and staff.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 holiday gift baskets!
Nathan G. – movie night basket
Amy B. – snow day basket
Linda M. – baked goods #1 basket
Courtney C. – baked goods #2 basket
Sally H. – made in Maine basket
Leslie T. – chocolate lovers basket
Sam L. – sports basket
- Attendees: Amy Eisenbach, Stacey Crinion, Aarin Taylor, Lisa Ledwidge, Melissa Delan, Brandon Ward
- Executive Roles until they can be filled by other volunteers were discussed to update paperwork Melissa Delan has taken over as secretary for PTSA. Amy Eisenbach as acting President until role can be filled, Stacey Crinion as acting VP and Treasurer.
- Upcoming Events, Halloween Dance, Election Day bake sale, Chili Chowder fest and Basket Raffle, Ideas for other raffles tabled.
- Group made a decision to only allow requests for $500 or less from the PTSA.
- Treasury report: $67 currently in the checking and still waiting for the savings account information, there is a problem with online access.
- Principal Ward spoke a little on the new grading system, he will bring info when requested.
- Amy will send out donation letters, Melissa and Lisa to circulate flyers.
- Amy to email Deb for use of Home ec room for stuffing baskets
- Amy to add Pie raffle, Kurig, pods to Sign up genius
- Amy to send write up to Mr. Ward for announcements.
- Amy send reminders to teachers to collect donations for baskets
- Next Meeting November 9, 2018 at BMS to stuff baskets for basket raffle, November 13th Chili Chowder Cookoff.
These baskets are awesome!!! Enter to win the Holiday Gift Basket Raffle by purchasing raffle tickets. For sale from Mrs. MacPhee at the BMS office anytime before Dec 19, or at the Dec. 11 PTSA meeting, or at the Dec. 13 BMS girls basketball game, or at the Dec. 19 BMS holiday concert. Drawing will occur after the concert on Dec. 19th.
Themes for this Year’s BMS Academic House Gift Basket Raffle Fundraiser Have Been Revealed!
Each year, as part of our annual Chili-Chowder Challenge, the BMS community creates themed gift baskets (one from each Academic House) that are raffled off as part of a fundraiser benefiting staff and students at BMS! Drawing will be held December 19, 2018.
The academic houses have picked their themes for 2018, and we are asking all families to contribute one (new-unopened) item to the gift baskets by Friday, November 9th, 2018. The Houses have selected the following themes:
· 6th Grade Reid House – “Chocolate Lovers”– all chocolate goodies large and small, chocolate themed gifts – i.e. mugs, magnets, linens
· 6th Grade Popham House – “Made in Maine”– Anything made in MAINE! Craft fair items made by Mainers, Jams, honey, sauce, etc. Front St in Bath has a couple made-in-Maine shops.
· 7th Grade Seguin House – “Snow Day Vacation”– games, snow toys, art supplies for ages 10+, hot chocolate, puzzles, excursion gift card
· 7th Grade Acadia House – “Sports”– Anything Sports! Soccer Tennis Baseball Golf Football Volleyball etc. Balls, protective equipment, socks, rackets, gloves, etc. Tickets for local games
· 8th Grade Baxter House – “Baked Goods & Desserts” – Fancy dipping chocolate, ice cream sauces/toppings, gourmet hot chocolate, dessert-themed kitchenware/cookbook, gift card
· 8th Grade Kennebec House – “Movie Night” – DVDs, popcorn, movie snacks, blankets, pillows, theater or pizza gift cards
Thank you for your help in making this year’s event a success! Please send in your item to school by Friday November 9th, 2018.
Please join volunteers on Friday November 9th at 5pm at BMS to assemble the baskets – many hands make light work! Contact us at BMS.PTSA@hotmail.com if you can help, or just show up!
Thank you for your continued support of the PTSA so that we can offer new and enriching opportunities for all BMS students.